(Reuters) – A rising variety of nations all over the world have been evacuating or planning to evacuate diplomatic employees and residents from areas hit by the brand new coronavirus.
FILE PHOTO: A chartered Boeing 747-400 aircraft carrying carrying evacuated South Koreans from Wuhan, the epicenter of a virus outbreak in China, arrives at Gimpo International Airport in Gimpo, South Korea, January 31, 2020. REUTERS/Heo Ran
Following are some nations’ evacuation plans, and the way they intention to handle the well being danger from those that are returning.
– Hong Kong organized 4 flights to carry again 533 of its residents from the Chinese province of Hubei. The flights are set to return by March 5 and people coming again face a 14-day quarantine upon arrival.
– Over 200 Hong Kong residents on the Diamond Princess cruise in Japan had been flown again by Feb. 23 and are spending two weeks in quarantine. Authorities stated 70 of the 364 Hong Kong residents on the ship have been contaminated and can stay in Japan together with different residents who have been in shut contact with them.
– Dependants and a few employees have been evacuated from the British embassy in Tehran as of March 1 however important employees will stay.
– Some 30 British passengers arrived again residence on Feb. 22 from the Diamond Princess cruise ship in Japan. There have been greater than 70 British passengers on the cruise liner when circumstances of Covid-19 began to emerge.
– Britain’s closing evacuation flight from Wuhan, carrying greater than 200 folks, landed in Britain on Feb. 9. A aircraft carrying 83 British and 27 European Union nationals from Wuhan landed on the finish of January.
– Taiwan flew again 19 passengers from the Diamond Princess cruise ship on Feb. 21. It evacuated 247 of the estimated 500 Taiwanese stranded in Wuhan on Feb. three. (bit.ly/2HOfYtg)
– A flight carrying 129 Canadians evacuated from the Diamond Princess cruise ship landed on Feb. 21. All repatriated passengers on the chartered flight had examined unfavourable. There have been 256 Canadians on board the ship, of which 47 have examined optimistic.
– Canada, after evacuating 215 folks earlier, flew again 185 residents from Wuhan on Feb. 11. All evacuees have been quarantined for 2 weeks.
– More than 150 Australians arrived residence on Feb. 20 to start two weeks of quarantine after lastly leaving the Diamond Princess cruise ship docked in Japan.
– A aircraft load of New Zealanders, Australians and Pacific Islanders evacuated from Wuhan arrived in Auckland, New Zealand on Feb. 5, officers stated.
– Kuwait to ship a aircraft to Italy to evacuate residents.
– Qatar to carry again Qatari and Kuwaiti residents from Iran.
– Indonesia has despatched a navy ship to carry again 188 of its nationals working as crew aboard the World Dream cruise liner amid coronavirus issues, a minister and a well being ministry official stated on Feb 24.
– Indonesia’s authorities flew 243 Indonesians from Hubei on Feb. 2 and positioned them below quarantine at a army base on an island northwest of Borneo.
– In central Ukraine residents protested the arrival of a aircraft carrying evacuees from Hubei on Feb. 20, regardless of official assurances there was no hazard of an infection. In addition to 45 Ukrainians, there have been 27 residents of Argentina on the aircraft, in addition to residents from the Dominican Republic, Ecuador, El Salvador, Kazakhstan, Costa Rica and different nations.
– The United States flew again on Feb. 17 over 300 Americans who had been caught on a cruise ship affected by the coronavirus. They confronted two extra weeks of quarantine after spending the earlier 14 days docked in Japan.
– The United States licensed the voluntary departure of its authorities staff and their relations from Hong Kong on Feb. 11. On Feb. 6, two planes with about 300 passengers, largely U.S. residents, took off from Wuhan for the United States.
– Nepal on Feb. 16 evacuated 175 of its nationals from Wuhan.
– Six South Koreans and one Japanese partner from the cruise shit flew to South Korea on Feb. 19 on a chartered flight.
– South Korea evacuated 147 folks on a 3rd chartered flight from Wuhan that arrived on Feb. 12. The nation flew 368 folks on a constitution flight that arrived on Jan. 31.
– A second evacuation flight introduced again one other 174 Singaporeans and their relations from Wuhan to town state on Feb. 9.
– Thirty Filipinos returned to the Philippines on Feb. 9 from Wuhan, the Department of Foreign Affairs stated.
– The 34 Brazilians evacuated from Wuhan landed in Brazil on Feb. 9.
– Uzbekistan evacuated 251 folks from China, the state airline stated on Feb. 6.
– Italy flew again 56 nationals from Wuhan to Rome on Feb. three.
– Saudi Arabia evacuated 10 college students from Wuhan, Saudi state tv reported on Feb. 2.
– Bangladesh evacuated 312 folks, largely college students, from the coronavirus epicenter of Wuhan on a particular flight on Feb. 1, the international minister informed media after they have been introduced again.
Compiled by Milla Nissi, Sarah Morland and Amy Caren Daniel; Editing by Tomasz Janowski and Sriraj Kalluvila