Burnie Christmas Parade, New Year’s Eve Bite n Brew cancelled for 2020 | The Advocate


information, local-news,

Coronavirus has robbed Coasters of one more beloved Christmas occasion. The Burnie City Council has canned its annual Christmas Parade and New Year’s Eve Bite n Brew for 2020, it introduced on Tuesday morning. “Following careful consideration of all the issues, a decision had been made to ensure the safety of everyone in the community,” Burnie mayor Steve Kons mentioned. “Council is disappointed it has had to make this decision but believes that it is in the best interests of all including Council staff, that we not proceed with either event. “Both these occasions appeal to hundreds and we realise how a lot pleasure they supply to the neighborhood.” He said the council was working on an alternative family event to provide entertainment and “alternative for the neighborhood to have a good time the festive season on the finish of a attempting 12 months”. “We are working to make sure that this household occasion could be performed safely and inside present authorities restrictions,” Cr Kons said. “Please maintain your eye on Facebook within the coming weeks as Council gives updates on the household occasion. “We will also provide updates on the processes that will be put in place in order to hold this in the safest way, whilst also allowing people to enjoy the event with their families.” Why not choose up a subscription to The Advocate? Sign up right here.

https://nnimgt-a.akamaihd.net/transform/v1/crop/frm/jU9weEXQxcXxwRCjU8nuGc/b0e607b0-8384-4a6e-8c04-f50fffeaab17.JPG/r0_283_5568_3429_w1200_h678_fmax.jpg



Source link Christmas 2019

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *